Serving: 12 ounces
- ½ cup frozen tart cherries
- ½ cup Plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup low-fat chocolate milk or chocolate almond/coconut milk
- 1 banana (frozen if possible)
Preparation: Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: 280 Calories, 15g Protein, 55g Carbohydrate, 1g Fat
- This smoothie provides a great amount of protein and carbohydrates from whole foods that is best absorbed in the body.
- Tart Cherries are a great source of vitamin A, C, Potassium and Fiber. They contain antioxidants and phytonutrients including anthocyanins that give cherries their bright red color and help decrease muscle soreness, inflammation and oxidative stress for a faster recovery.
This recipe was created by Valerie Mey. A Mpowher Apparel Mbassador, registered dietitian, entrepreneur and fitness instructor!
Valerie Mey, MS, RDN, CD